Newest problem solver: TIPIT® OC
Make angle-cut stall doors ligature resistant when open or closed
Your patients want privacy, but angle-cut bathroom and shower stall doors pose a safety threat. It’s easy to hang objects from the hinge when the door is open or closed. This can lead to patients harming themselves. But not anymore. Now there’s a ligature-resistant solution for partition doors: SELECT’s exclusive TIPIT® OC.
- Patent-pending, aluminum design quickly makes angle-cut stall doors safer.
- Each tip is custom-made for new construction or retrofit applications.
- Mounts on the surface of the partition door frame above most SELECT full surface and full mortise geared continuous hinges. It eliminates an unsafe gap when the door is closed or open.
- Installs with Torx® security screws.
Let’s talk. We can show you how easily TIPIT® OC can give your patients the privacy they want and you the peace of mind that safer partition doors bring.
More ways to make doorways ligature resistant
Other SELECT HINGES TIPITs can deter patients, inmates or students from injuring themselves on other doorways.
- Combine SELECT’s metal TIPIT® LM with an SL57 hinge to meet NYS-OMH and FGI patient safety standards. Whether you are mandated by a Joint Commission inspection to quickly meet ligature-resistant safety standards or are taking preventive steps to deter someone from hurting themselves — SELECT HINGES has a long-term solution. Mount a patented, metal SELECT TIPIT® LM hospital tip to the door frame header above an SL57 aluminum geared full surface continuous hinge. This combination is listed in the New York State Office of Mental Health Patient Safety Standards, Materials and Systems Guidelines and the 2018 Facility Guidelines Institute (FGI) Design Guide for Behavioral Health Facilities.
- Money-saving ways to make your hospital, school or correctional institution doorways safer. Prevent costly injuries by mounting our black or gray polymer or aluminum TIPITs to the doorway frame above most SELECT or other brands of geared continuous hinges. SELECT’s angle-cut TIPITs eliminate exposed edges on concealed hinges, too.
Contact your SELECT HINGES sales rep today. We will help you choose the best TIPIT® for your new construction or retrofit applications.