SELECT Ligature-Resistant Hospital Tips
Increase safety, decrease costs and headaches
PDF info sheet
PDF Spec sheetHospitals, correctional facilities, schools and other institutions can use SELECT's hospital tips to make doorways safer and meet legal requirements as well as save money and eliminate maintenance headaches by deterring patients, inmates or students from injuring themselves.
Three new options:
- Hospital tip preps for concealed geared continuous hinges (excluding SL71)
Build in safety right from the start.
- TIPIT ® hospital tips and replacing worn-out hinges with SELECT's geared full or half surface hinges
Save money by salvaging existing doors and frames, and get SELECT hinges' durability that ends repeated repairs. The TIPIT ® is PATENTED.
- TIPIT ® hospital tips added to new or existing hinges
Order the TIPIT ® with new hinges or save money by keeping existing hinges while bringing current doorways up to code. The TIPIT ® fits not only above SELECT brand hinges, but also above most other brands of continuous geared hinges. The TIPIT ® is PATENTED.
Hospital tip prep for concealed hinges
NEW AND IMPROVED!
The new and improved SELECT angle-cut hospital tip provides safety with slanted tips and durable polymer end caps that leave no exposed edges.
- Angle-cut hinge preparation for concealed hinges
- For new construction
- Available on: SL11, SL14, SL18, SL24, SL26, SL27, SL31, SL38, SL44 and SL48.
TIPIT® HOSPITAL TIP
The new SELECT TIPIT ® is made of durable polymer and securely fastens to the door frame header with Torx ® security screws. The TIPIT ® is PATENTED.
- For new or existing SELECT geared continuous hinges (also works with most other brands of geared continuous hinges).
- For SL21 and SL57 full surface hinges; SL53 and SL54 half surface hinges; SL11, SL14, SL18, SL24, SL26, SL27, SL31, SL38, SL44, SL48 and SL71 concealed hinges; SL41 swing clear hinge.
- Gray (G) for clear anodized hinges or black (B) for dark bronze anodized hinges